Elizabeth Township Est. 1757

You have questions, we have answers.

Reference the list of frequently asked questions below. If your question is not listed here please give us a call at 717-626-4302.

How do I Contract with a Trash Hauler?2022-05-06T13:51:14-04:00

Elizabeth Township does not provide trash service to it’s residents. We also do not endorse particular trash collection providers that service our area.

If you are looking for a new trash collection service provider, we recommend contacting local companies to see if they service your particular area.

How do I Reserve the Park Pavilion?2024-01-30T14:39:25-05:00

To reserve the park pavilion, please contact the Lititz Rec Center: 717-626-5096 ext 229 and ask for Ron.

How do I Handle a Stray or Lost Animal?2022-05-06T13:50:22-04:00

If there is a stray or lost animal in your area, contact the Township Office at 717-626-4302 to report it.

For information on stray dogs, you may also contact:

Lancaster SPCA – Stray Animals

How do I Obtain a Public Record?2024-01-30T14:40:48-05:00


Requests for inspection and/or duplication of public records shall be made to the Township Administrator. Requests may be made in person at the Township office at 423 South View Drive, Lititz, Pennsylvania, during normal business hours (Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm and Fridays from 8am to 12pm); by mail to 423 South View Drive, Lititz, PA 17543. You can also use this online form.

The Township is not required to and will not compile lists, prepare summaries, or create documents that do not exist. The Township will provide access to and duplication of existing Township records which are public records under the Right to Know Law.

The Township charges $0.25 per sheet. Other fees may apply.

How do I Contact Police for Assistance?2024-01-30T14:41:40-05:00

In the case of an emergency, dial 911

For all non-emergency telephone calls, please contact Troop J, Lancaster Barracks, of the State Police at 717-299-7656.

How do I Report a Violation?2024-01-30T14:43:27-05:00

Who do I contact if I have a complaint?

Since Elizabeth Township does not have a formal complaint procedure, a resident should first contact the Township office to provide a description of the nature of the complaint so that the specific individual(s) associated with the Township can be made aware of the complaint and schedule it for investigation. The Township administers multiple ordinances which address zoning, nuisances (i.e. high grass and weeds, junked vehicles, barking dogs, etc.), building construction, storm water management, sewage, and open burning, and a complaint may fall under any one or more of these ordinances. The caller should be aware that in most instances, the investigation of a complaint, a follow-up enforcement action (when deemed necessary), and a resolution may take a considerable amount of time. There is rarely an “overnight” solution.

When a complaint is filed with the Township by an individual against another property owner, the Township strongly encourages that this person (the complainant) provide his or her name and residence information with the description of the perceived code violation. This information is not public information and remains private throughout any investigation. Under Section 708 of the PA Right to Know Law (Act 3 of 2008), if a requestor is seeking the name or copies of the complaint submitted to the Township or other correspondence between the complainant and the Township, this information is exempt from access and will not be provided. This type of information is exempt from public access under the Right to Know Law and the complainant’s name and address will always remain confidential in this situation.

However, depending on the nature of the violation, should it be necessary for the Township to file a civil enforcement action with the District Magistrate to obtain compliance with Township ordinances, the complainant should be aware he or she may be asked to testify at that proceeding to enable the Township to present conclusive testimony at that hearing. Although this type of situation is quite rare, in this instance the complainant’s identity can no longer remain confidential.

In 2019 the Township instituted an Ordinance enacting the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC). The IPMC empowers the Township to address property issues that are more serious than high grass and weeds, junked vehicles or barking dogs. The ability to aggressively address continuing or worsening property conditions is now in place.

How do I Obtain a Stormwater Permit?2024-01-30T14:47:19-05:00

Contact the Township for more direction or contact the Township Engineer, Scott Hain of David Miller and Associates @ 717.898.3402.

Find links to SWM permits below.

Stormwater Management Small Project Design Application with notary page – Appendix A-2

Stormwater Major Plan

Stormwater Minor Plan

Storm Water Exemption

Fee Deposit Resolution – Informational

How do I Subdivide a Property?2024-01-30T14:48:18-05:00

If you are interested in subdividing a property, you should discuss this with the Zoning officer for the specific policy to follow.

The Zoning Officer is Scott Hain of David Miller and Associates @ 717.898.3402

Also feel free to contact him during the week 8am – 5pm @ 717.898.3402

How do I Apply for a Water Feasibility Permit?2022-05-06T13:44:27-04:00

To apply for a Water Feasibility Permit, please contact the Township Engineer, Scott Hain of David Miller and Associates @ 717.898.3402.

Also feel free to contact him through our contact form on this website.

How do I Request a Zoning Hearing?2024-01-30T14:49:27-05:00

Please note that the Zoning Hearing Board Application is available by download only

Forms to be completed and information submitted at the time of filing the application:

  • A Building/Zoning Permit Application
  • Five(5) copies of the Zoning Hearing Board Application. If necessary, use additional sheets and attach them to the application.
  • Five(5) copies of the plot plan prepared in accordance with the instruction contained within the application. The plot plan must be accurate and drawn to scale.
  • A Zoning Hearing Board application fee of $600.00. When paying by check, make payable to Elizabeth Township.

Miscellaneous Information:

  • The Elizabeth Township Zoning Hearing Board schedules its meetings for the second Wednesday of each month at 7PM at the Municipal Office. To be considered, the applicant must submit all required information no later than the fifth(5th) day of the preceding month prior to the scheduled meeting. If the application is not complete, the application will either be returned to the applicant or if the additional information can be provided resulting in a complete application, it will be held until the following month.
  • The Zoning Hearing Board is permitted forty-five(45) days following the closing of the testimony at the last hearing on an application to render a decision.
  • There is a thirty (30) day appeal period following the issuance of a decision by the Zoning Hearing Board in which an appeal may be filed with the Court of Common Pleas of Lancaster County to reverse or limit said decision.
  • Unless otherwise specified by the Board or by law, a variance or special exception shall expire if the applicant fails to obtain a zoning permit within one (I) year of the date of authorization by the Board or by the Court if the special exception or variance has been granted after an appeal. A variance or special exception shall also expire if the applicant fails to complete any rection, construction, reconstruction, alteration or change in use authorized by the special exception or variance within two (2) years from the date of authorization by the Board or the Court. The Board, for reasonable cause shown, may extend the approval for an additional period of one (1) year.
  • Any questions regarding the application or process may be directed to Scott Hain of David Miller and Associates @ 717.898.3402.  The Zoning Officer also is available to meet, if scheduled ahead of time.
How do I Apply for a Sewage Permit?2022-05-06T13:41:34-04:00

Sewage Permits are required for new and replacement of on-lot sewage disposal systems. Contact the Sewage Enforcement Officer to discuss testing and permit requirements. Any malfunctions of on-lot sewage disposal systems must also be discussed with the Sewage Enforcement Officer.

The fee schedule for sewage testing and permitting will be explained by the Sewage Enforcement Officer, Len Spencer. Contact Mr. Spencer at 717-989-8439 or SEOsvcs@ptd.net

How do I Apply for a Zoning Permit?2024-01-30T14:51:51-05:00

This guideline was prepared to assist you in planning your project. By properly submitting the necessary information, the Zoning Officer will be able to swiftly process your Zoning Permit application. Your project will be evaluated to confirm compliance with the Elizabeth Township Zoning Ordinance.

If your project is not in compliance with the Zoning Ordinance (permitted use, setbacks from property lines, lot coverage allowance, etc.), you may need to obtain a variance or special exception from the Elizabeth Township Zoning Hearing Board prior to obtaining a Zoning Permit.

Along with this completed application, a plot plan and any supplemental information must be submitted before this application will be reviewed. The Zoning Permit fee must be submitted at the time of application.

Please reference the checklists at the side of this page and make sure that everything necessary is submitted.

Questions regarding this procedure should be directed to Scott Hain of David Miller and Associates @ 717.898.3402.  Office hours may be available by appointment, if needed.

How do I Apply for a Building Permit?2024-01-30T14:55:01-05:00

Application for Building Permit and Plans Examination

Note: The Elizabeth Township Board of Supervisors has appointed two agencies to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code. It is the permit applicant’s responsibility to select and identify one of the agencies below that would perform the plan review and the required inspections during the construction process. Three (3) sets of plans are required for all submissions.


Associated Building Inspections, Inc
Lincoln Office Building
1248 West Main St, Suite 23
Ephrata, PA 17522
Commonwealth Code Inspection Service, Inc.
176 Doe Run Road
Manheim, PA 17545

Questions regarding this procedure should be directed to Scott Hain of David Miller and Associates @ 717.898.3402.

Download the Building/Zoning Application PDF

We no longer accept online applications. Please download the printable PDF.

If this project is electric exempt, please note you must print out the Building/Zoning Application PDF and have the attached Electrical Exemption Affidavit notarized and submitted to our office.

Go to Top