In September of 2012, Elizabeth Township completed an application to comply with the NPDES permit requirements authorizing discharge of stormwater from Township owned and maintained facilities within the designated MS4 area.
The MS4 area was determined by population density established as part of the 2000 Census and the area will likely be expanded as a result of the 2010 Census. Within the MS4 area, the Township is required to implement and report annually on 6 different protocols, also known as “minimum control measures” (MCM), established as part of the permit.
The 6 protocols include:
- MCM#1 – Public Education and Outreach
- MCM#2 – Public Participation and Involvement
- MCM#3 – Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- MCM#4 – Construction Site Stormwater Runoff
- MCM#5 – Post Construction Stormwater Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- MCM#6 – Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations and Maintenance
More information about NPDES and MS4 can be found here.