DUE TO RISING COSTS, ELIZABETH TOWNSHIP HAS DISCONTINUED ITS RECYCLING PROGRAM FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. IF THERE ARE POSITIVE CHANGES, THE TOWNSHIP MAY REINSTATE THE PROGRAM.
Items accepted for ***CURBSIDE*** recycling include the following: “THE BIG FOUR” per LCSWMA based on new changes in June 2018 for recyclable materials.
* Aluminum and Steel Cans (Food Grade) – Please Crush
* Plastic Jugs and Bottles with necks (Clean/Washed). THROW AWAY THE LIDS/CAPS.
* Clear Glass (Cleaned/Washed)
* Corrugated Cardboard (broken down to newspaper size)
The Township will accept newspaper AT A DESIGNATED LOCATION. CALL 717.626.4302 FOR DETAILS! The LCSWMA program DOES NOT!
It’s okay to throw away EVERYTHING ELSE. It will be turned into renewable energy. Visit www.recycleRIGHTlancaster.org for more tips.
What NOT to bring for recycling: CALL LCSWMA for details!
- Broken drinking glasses
- Window Pane Glass (any glass that is not a bottle or jar)
- Wire Hangers
- Yogurt Cups
- Cool whip, deli or margarine containers
- Pill Bottles
- Motor Oil containers
We welcome all volunteers! Please contact us to arrange a date to help your community out in a small but meaningful way.
Individuals – Families – Organizations