DUE TO RISING COSTS, ELIZABETH TOWNSHIP HAS DISCONTINUED ITS RECYCLING PROGRAM FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. IF THERE ARE POSITIVE CHANGES, THE TOWNSHIP MAY REINSTATE THE PROGRAM.
Elizabeth Township provides for voluntary drop-off recycling at the Township Building on the first Saturday of each month from 8:00 a.m. until noon. No early birds please.
Items accepted for recycling include the following: “THE BIG FOUR” per LCSWMA based on new changes in June 2018 for recyclable materials.
* Aluminum and Steel Cans (Food Grade) – Please Crush
* Plastic Jugs and Bottles with necks (Clean/Washed). THROW AWAY THE LIDS/CAPS.
* Clear Glass (Cleaned/Washed)
* Corrugated Cardboard (broken down to newspaper size)
The Township will accept newspaper…the County does not.
It’s okay to throw away EVERYTHING ELSE. It will be turned into renewable energy. Visit www.recycleRIGHTlancaster.org for more tips.
What NOT to bring for recycling:
- Broken drinking glasses
- Window Pane Glass (any glass that is not a bottle or jar)
- Wire Hangers
- Yogurt Cups
- Cool whip, deli or margarine containers
- Pill Bottles
- Motor Oil containers
We welcome all volunteers! Please contact us to arrange a date to help your community out in a small but meaningful way.
Individuals – Families – Organizations